New member , Malta Europe

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

pawlusultana

New member , Malta Europe

Post by pawlusultana »

Dear all , I just purchased 6255 GT , a series one 330 GT 2+2 and I wish to introduce myself ( and the car ) . Still finding my feet in the classic Ferrari world .
46F3C08B-5C0C-4062-8D84-0097F107AAE0.jpeg
pawlusultana

Re: New member , Malta Europe

Post by pawlusultana »

I need advice on how best to remove the Borrani knock offs. Is it a soft metal mallet or can I source a specific tool ?
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Hi P, welcome to the best site.A lead hammer is old school but there are sockets made that work great with no danger of hurting the wheel, Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
tyang

Post by tyang »

Welcome to the Forum, and to the Vintage Ferrari community!

You can use either a knock off hammer or a wrench made specifically for the knock offs. Several are available, but I use the hammer. Cook hammer company in the States offers a good lead hammer.
http://www.cookhammer.com/lead.html
I recommend a 3-4 pound hammer.

When removing a knock off remember the spinners are "handed" meaning they change from left hand to right hand threads depending on which side of the car you're on. Just remember the saying "Off to the Front!" meaning you hit the knock off on the front to take it off no matter what side of the car you're standing.
knockoffdirection.jpg
Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Welcome to the best Ferrari website for useful technical info and congrats on a very nice car. Here's how I remember the critical KO tightening recs:

"Tight Ass"...always tighten the KO spinners toward the back of the car. I'll refrain from any other of my usual smart ass remarks. steve

(I too, use the Cook Hammer, which is also marketed at the "MuthaThumper", i believe)
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."