GTE water temp switch

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

John Vardanian

GTE water temp switch

Post by John Vardanian »

Hi Tom, in your recent blog you were talking about a water temp switch being adjustable. I presume you are talking about the fan switch. Are you? If so can you explain. I am very interested in learning about it. Thanks.

john
PF Coupe
tyang

Re: GTE water temp switch

Post by tyang »

Hi John,

According to Jim Simpson who took apart the switch, there is a pot on the switch that allows it to adjust when the circuit closes. When he tested the switch after cleaning the internal contacts, he found it to be working properly, so this one didn't need to be adjusted. I believe this one turns on the fan at 180, and shuts off at 160.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Hmmmm, how does that switch come apart????
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

enio45 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:17 pm Hmmmm, how does that switch come apart????
That's why I sent it to ODD Parts! I didn't want to F*ck it up.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
abrent

Post by abrent »

Say, whilst we were all talking about the fan switch..... Has anyone got a source for the Peugeot magnetic clutch.
I have got as far as tracing back to a part number for a 403, 1250.17 or 1250.06 which is described as:
Poulie débrayable de pompe à eau d'origine PEUGEOT 403 pièce neuve d'origine PEUGEOT
which is a really neat french way of describing a pulley that dis-engages on the front of the water pump.
BUT: the pulley on the assembly, offset wise, is not the same as the GTE> so has anyone solved this problem?
Rebuild-able? People who rebuild?

Rgs,

Andrew.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I bought a used one from GTO Engineering and at the time they had 2 or 3 more. I did this because I was unable to find anyone who could rebuild mine.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
linen grey ghost

Post by linen grey ghost »

Regarding the Peugeot magnetic clutch item, if this has to do with a larger air conditioning issue perhaps this person may be of service.

> > http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=28245

Mr. Stratton is well received in BMW & Mercedes circles for air conditioning compressor and power steering pumps rebuilds.

I am a satisfied customer, he is on Facebook and might be worth an exploratory contact.

Best of Luck with your issue.