Toolkits

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Bayer

Replacement jack??

Post by Michael Bayer »

How about a source for a replacement jack?(I know never to use one) Alternatively, does anyone know if Pininfarina might have used the same jack for one of their Alfa or Fiat models? Michael Bayer
Mike Adams

Post by Mike Adams »

When I first got my 330GT, it came with no tools. The jack it had was from a Mercedes ( i'll have to ask my mechanic what model ). It looks allot like the correct jack; but is about 6" longer. So, it doesn't fit in the tool roll. It could probably be cut down and painted light blue easily enough. Eventually, I took the plunge and bought a correct jack from Tom Shaughnassy.

I'll see if I can dig up the Mercedes jack and post side-by-side pics.
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Mike Adams:The carb tools are even on sale this month $2.80!
Mike Adams

Post by Mike Adams »

Better stock up then :)
JimB

Post by JimB »

Take a look at this item on ebay. #1872949210. It is a mixed bag of parts and there is a hub puller in there.
Sleeper

Post by Sleeper »

Guy's,
After reading this thread please remember that the basterdized tool kits you are talking about will be only that. A $3000.00 original 250 GT toolkit is $3000.00
A pretend tool kit is a cheap imitation. You want you car original don't you?
lukek

re: toolkit

Post by lukek »

Will Santa take returns? I just got a repro bag for Xmas !
I do not think one can buy a complete original 250 toolkit for 3K. More like 5K from what I have seen. I will leave it to the guys with Lusso and quad cam money.
I want to use my tools, so I am fine with repros or approximations. I got the real thing connected to the gas pedal, and that is more important than correct underhood stickers, taking a toothbrush to the chassis, or finding someone's moldy original toolbag.
I am off on the Anti-Football Run on January 1st, a little local rally through the Marin headlands back roads. I just exercised the car yesterday to make sure all was ready. The only casualty was a spooked garbage truck driver whom I passed with 6K revolutions, all on the way to the beach at 6am (hey, I was up with my son who had a cold, I needed a drive after carrying him around on my shoulders...).

Happy new year to all, exercise those beasties !
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Luke,

Have fun on your "Anti-Football Run." With about 8 inches of snow on the ground where I keep my car, it may have to wait until spring to take the America out for some exersize!

Tom
330GT

Re: Toolkits

Post by 330GT »

I'm resurecting this thread as there is a toolkit on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0368751436) purported to be for a 250, 275, 330 or 365 according to the title. The description backs off on that a little.

However, most of the tools are from the 308 era, including the screwdrivers, wrenches, bulb holder and jack. The oil filter wrench, hub puller, lead hammer,pliers and sparkplug wrench might be right for some earlier cars. The grease gun goes with ? It seems that the seller had a new repro bag and tossed whatever spare tools were lying around.

And for this mess, the starting bid is $5300.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605