would this work?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

would this work?

Post by lukek »

Somebody posted this on fchat. Fascinating for us vintage guys if it really works.
http://www.emachineshop.com

Who wants to be a guinea pig? I actually know CAD, so if I need anything, I could give this a try....Almost any DXF...Click on Demo

thx
luke
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
andrew

Post by andrew »

I haven't tried them but, coincidentally, have been meaning to post some information about them too. I recently read an Associated Press story about them and was intrigued.

In the story, they interview a few users of the products of the 19-person company, who generally report positive results, though with some differences in the "quality of finishing." It also notes that orders take approximately 30 days, which seems quick enough. I was interested enough to cut out the story and put it in my Ferrari file, for that inevitable day when I have to have something that does not exist and is beyond my skill...
'64 330 America s/n 5109
grumpy2

CAD/ CAM and CNC parts

Post by grumpy2 »

About three years ago I decided that I was going to teach myself how to run a CNC machine . So I bought a Haas 3-axis mill and the only thing that I knew was that the green button turned it on. I then bought a program called Bobcad this is a CAD and CAM program . The CAD for drawing and the CAM for generating the G-code that the machine needs to work. So after alot of reading and cutting foam and wood I can now make most parts that I am asked to make. I have some pic. of parts that I have made. Most of them come from hand drawn scetches,and some are from 3D CAD files. So if anyone is looking for something that is hard to find or is no longer I may be able to help. I will have to figure out how to post a pic.?

www.bobcad.com
Grumpy2 s/n 4157 ( in lots of pieces right now)
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

I've heard about the E-Machine-Shop for a good while now, but have yet heard from anyone who's actually used them for anything.

I have a small lathe at home and milling machine at work, which is helpful.

In fact, if anyone on Tom's board needs something made, I'd be happy to take a crack at it. (I can't promise great results, but I wouldn't charge you anything either. I guess you get what you pay for...)

--Matt