330 America on ebay alert

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

william

Post by william »

Rudy, sorry, I would have loved to see someone from this site win the car. So Heritage was the winner?

William
Yale

Post by Yale »

I talked to heritage, they didn't bid on it. Best, Yale
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Based on his history, the buyer sells old watches and just bought the vintage V-12's Ferrari book, so he does not sound like a car dealer. Also, he's from Santa Barbara.

If he's a lurker or a member of this site, congratulations and good luck.

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
andrew

Post by andrew »

Hello all,

As always, I’m impressed with the knowledge and efficiency of this site.

Good news, bad news:

Good:
1. Heritage did not buy the car.
2. I did. I’m thrilled and view this car as I have always thought of my 330 2+2 – that is, I’m its steward/caretaker while I’m lucky enough to own it, and will do my very best to make sure it’s not abused, always gets what it needs, and is appreciated daily. Big smile.
3. I indeed consider myself a member of this community, and will share my pains and joys with this car, along with whatever help to others I may be able to offer.

Bad:
1. Rudy didn’t get it.
2. 1966 330GT 2+2 #8705 is now for sale… Big frown.

- Andrew
'64 330 America s/n 5109
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Andrew,

Congratulations again!

Did you do a PPI on the car? If so, what's the story?

Art S.

PS. I'll give you $500 for your old unwanted Ferrari now that you have the 'new improved' model...
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

Andrew--that's great. Congrats (with a pinch of envy). I'm sincerely glad that it was bought by a fellow tomyang.net member.

I'll double Art's offer and give you $1000.00 for the 330!
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Congratulations to Andrew on the 330. May you enjoy it for many years to come. I sure was in love with it! My wife was doing the bidding since I had tax appointments to keep and I have to give her credit for sticking it out to the last 59 seconds when Andrew swooped in. Anyway, it would be great if you could obtain the original transmission for the car as well. I am fortunate to have a spare with the overdrive for it.

Best of luck,

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001

PS. My comment about Heritage meant that they have a 1967 330 GT in their stable that I had not seen before. As usual, quite pricey.
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Andrew,

In speaking with the seller he did mention that the car has a heavier duty sway bar on it. I asked if he still had the original and he said he did. You may want make sure and get it with delivery of the car. He also has the original radiator as well.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
andrew

Post by andrew »

Thanks, Rudy.

I really wish there had been one out there for each of us...there may well be yet; I certainly wasn't planning on this one for me a few weeks ago before it showed up, so you never know. The owner also told me about the sway bar and radiator and I'll be sure to get them with the car, and will contact Dave offline to see what his plans are for the original transmission too. It would be nice to keep as much of this car together as possible.

As for the purchase details and more information about the car, I will be sure to post a message, or finally offer my story for the gallery, after I have had a chance to get to know the car in person. Maybe for a short while, I will get to revel in having 24 cylinders in my two car garage...

- Andrew
'64 330 America s/n 5109
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Andrew,

A belated congratulations! You can now join the select few owners that can use this website as a "picture book owner's manual!"

Tom
'63 330 America #5053