Vintage Ferrari Guides Now Available !

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

williamtaylor

Vintage Ferrari Guides Now Available !

Post by williamtaylor »

Ferrari Forum and TomYang.net are proud to announce a set of Vintage Buyer's Guides. These guides have been developed jointly by members of both sites. For the first three, the release dates are:

250 GTE/330 America - October 3, 2005

365 GT 2+2 - October 6, 2005

330 GT - October 9, 2005

with more to follow in the coming months.

The link to download the Guides is:

http://www.ferrariforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4880
gerry

Post by gerry »

G R E A T !
gerry
'62 250 GTE s/n 3619
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Well done!

I'm looking forward to October 9...
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453
williamtaylor

Post by williamtaylor »

Thanks. Both the 250 GTE / 330 America and 365 GT 2+2 Guides have been posted. The 330 GT Guide should be up shortly.
donv

Post by donv »

Can you post them here? I'm not registered on Ferrari Forum, and I'd just as soon not add another site.
1969 365GT 2+2
williamtaylor

Post by williamtaylor »

donv wrote:Can you post them here? I'm not registered on Ferrari Forum, and I'd just as soon not add another site.
That is Tom's call. I can not do it directly as the Forum is not set up for attachments.

If you PM me your email address I would be glad to send them directly to you.
Enzo250GTO

Post by Enzo250GTO »

Matt F wrote:Well done!

I'm looking forward to October 9...
Matt,

The 330 GT guide is up. Enjoy! If you have any comments or feedback I'd like to hear it.

donv,

I know it is a hassle to sign up but the software is the exact same as what is being used here so it shouldn't take too long and will be familiar.

Kind Regards,
Andrew
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Enzo250GTO wrote:Matt,

The 330 GT guide is up. Enjoy! If you have any comments or feedback I'd like to hear it.
Very nicely done!

I'd like to add that the rear suspension also has a coil-over setup in addition to the rear leaf springs. This redundant system, along with the two pairs of radius arms, really locate the rear axle, providing that flat cornering and surprisingly little axle hop for a solid axle car.

I'd also say that the article would benefit from the experience of a few more examples before making some generalizations. For example, Yale says that "the floor mounted Series One cars have a comparitively easy amount of [pedal] pressure needed, with the Series Two's you are going to get a work out on your right leg." I think that anyone who drove my 330 would disagree.

Yale is very friendly, knowledgeble, and particularly helpful on this forum. But I'd suggest that he goes a little too far in his jounalistic enthusiasm: "blasting onto a highway, all four wheels fighting for grip and powersliding in third gear..." I'd like to see that! ;-)
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453
Yale

Post by Yale »

Hi Matt,

It's all from personal experience so there probably could be less pressure needed for some of the Series 2 cars, (like yours). As for power sliding onto the highway from on ramps, you haven't done that? Those XWX's (and I have new ones) are not exactly sticky and having the car slide around a bit is part of the charm of driving this era car. I guess you better get your rear end out of Pittsburgh and come on down to Tom's party and we can trade cars. (That is of course if my car is in operation).

All the best,

Yale
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

I wish I could make it to Tom's party. That sounds like a great chance to compare cars. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm up for a 1000 mile round trip ride at the end of October. Perhaps in Reading next year!
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453
whturner

Brake Pedal Pressure?

Post by whturner »

Hi Yale and Matt.

I presume you are comparing pressure needed to stop. In my experience, changing from one type of brake pad to another on my car made quite a difference. Maybe that is the major issue.

Cheers
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069
scargo70

Post by scargo70 »

Do i need to pay to download the guides?
every day is a school day
williamtaylor

Post by williamtaylor »

No, the Vintage Guides are free. The only thing you need to do is register on the site and then login to be able to access the download links.
Yale

Post by Yale »

William,
Don't know if you realize but the amount of questions about downloading the guides on your site mean it is less then intuitive. There is a link to Buyers Guides but the Vintage Guides are not there. There are no buttons as part of the site navigation for the Buyers Guides, it looks like you have to pay to download the Buyers Guides, if you click on more info on individual models this is a non-linked and seperate area then the Buyers Guides, etc, etc.

None of us want to own up to how stupid we feel when we can't find them, I'll be the first. If we have to ask you questions about these downloads the site design could be improved. Yale
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
williamtaylor

Post by williamtaylor »

Yale,

Appreciate the feedback and we are working on a solution to simplify the process. In the meantime, anyone who is having problems can email me:

williamtaylor8@gmail.com

and ask to have the guides sent directly to them.

William